Skip to main content

What We Do

Tax Center

2020 Tax Season

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides our neighbors with free tax preparation and financial literacy. The VITA program is operated by certified volunteers and allows our neighbors the opportunity to file tax returns, direct deposit their tax refund, and ensure proper tax credits are utilized.  We are able to do most returns.  We do have limitations and guidelines we must follow as an IRS VITA tax preparation site.  If you have questions you can call 479-246-0104 or email


Our priority at Care Community Center is ensuring safety as we are working to minimize the risk of COVID 19 exposure to our customers, volunteers and staff.  CARE Community Center will continue to serve our neighbors and community during this challenging time, however we are doing this in a manner that reduces risk to everyone.  We have implemented this changes for this tax filing season.
  • The Tax Center at LifeSource in Fayetteville has closed for the season.
  • The Tax Center at the RMI Consulate in Springdale has closed for the season.
  • The Tax Center at Manna Center in Siloam Springs has closed for the season.
  • The Tax Center located at The Center for Nonprofits at the JTL Shop has closed for the season.
  • The Tax Center located at CARE Community Center in Rogers has closed for the season.
  • The Tax Center at Rogers Evening Appointments has closed for the season. 
  • The Tax Center at Huntsville United Methodist Church has closed for the season.
  • The Tax Center at The Eureka Springs Community Center has closed for the season.


To use the online tax preparation drop off service you will need to do the following:
  • Download and fill out Form 13164-C Intake/ Interview & Quality Review Sheet. (See Below and choose the file for 2017, 2018 or 2019 return.)
  • Download and fill out Form 14446 Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent (See Below.)
  • Download and fill out CARE Intake Form (See Below.)
  • Use the ONLINE TAX PREPARATION DROP OFF SERVICE form below to upload all required documentation listed on this page including Form 13614-C. Form 14446, and the CARE Intake Form.
  • ALL required documentation must be submitted.
  • We WILL NOT start returns that have blank forms or missing required documentation.
  • If the tax preparer has questions, he or she will contact you to clarify and/or request additional documentation.
  • You will be contacted when your return has been prepared and when to come to the main office 2510 N 17th St Suite 202 Rogers, AR to review the return and sign documents.
  • If you are married filing joint, both the primary taxpayer and spouse must come in to review and sign documents.
Contact us at 479-246-0104 or if you have questions.


To have your tax return(s) prepared at CARE Community Tax Center you MUST bring/upload the following information with you:
  • Proof of identification – Valid State or Federal Photo ID
  • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (if applicable)
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN (Rogers location CAA service)
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from (Must have all information to file your return)
  • If self employed, all business expenses you want to claim on your taxes
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
  • Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number (SSN). The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
If you have questions contact

Our Impact

Thank you to our Sponsors and Partners

© 2022 CARE Community Center

Powered by Firespring