Our priority at Care Community Center is ensuring safety as we are working to minimize the risk of COVID 19 exposure to our customers, volunteers and staff. CARE Community Center will continue to serve our neighbors and community during this challenging time, however we are doing this in a manner that reduces risk to everyone. Beginning on Monday the 16th of March we will be implementing the following changes across all of our programing.
Due to the increasing concern with the COVID-19 virus, we are changing how the pantry operates. You can still come to the pantry once a calendar month, but the procedure has changed as follows.
* Neighbors will make appointments by calling (479) 282-2447 or by email email@example.com
* Neighbors who are walk-in and have no appointment will receive instructions at the door
* Neighbors will come for his or her appointment day and time to receive a CARE food box
* Neighbors will alert the staff of his or her arrival, but remain outside to wait for the CARE food box to be brought out
* Neighbors will need to provide:
- State or Federal Photo ID
- Total number people living in the house
- Ages for all household members
- Number of Males and Females
- Number of people employed in the household
- The county in which you live
We look forward continuing to assist our neighbors we food from the Root Cellar Pantry. We will get through this difficult time together as a community. If you have questions contact us at the above phone number or email above.