Closed for until 2020
Our tax center is closed until we reopen in 2020.
If you have questions contact TaxCenter@carecc.org
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides our neighbors with free tax preparation and financial literacy. The program is operated by certified volunteers and allows our neighbors the opportunity to file and direct deposit their tax refund for free and ensure proper tax credits are utilized.
To have your tax return(s) prepared at CARE Community Tax Center you MUST bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – Valid State or Federal Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
Days, Hours, and Locations
CARE Community Tax Center Rogers Daytime
2510 N 17th St Suite 202
Rogers, AR 72756
CARE Community Tax Center Springdale
986 Elmwood St Suite B
Springdale, AR 72762
CARE Community Tax Center Siloam Springs
670 Heritage Court