Skip to main content

What We Do

Tax Center

2020 Tax Season

Our tax centers will open January 27th. See the days, hours, and locations on this page.

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides our neighbors with free tax preparation and financial literacy. The VITA program is operated by certified volunteers and allows our neighbors the opportunity to file tax returns, direct deposit their tax refund, and ensure proper tax credits are utilized.

Days, Hours, and Locations

Please click the link for the tax site you would like to visit for days and hours of operation.

Returns We Prepare

  • 2017, 2018 and current year returns are prepared at all locations.
  • Tax returns for years before 2017 are prepared by appointment only at the Rogers site (Please contact us at to schedule an appointment for tax returns prior to 2017.)
  • Amended tax returns are prepared by appointment only at the Rogers site (Please contact us at to schedule an appointment for amendments.)

Certified Acceptance Agent

  • If you need to renew or apply for an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN,) this service is offed by appointment at our Rogers site (Please contact us at to schedule an appointment for CAA assistance. 


To have your tax return(s) prepared at CARE Community Tax Center you MUST bring the following information with you:
  • Proof of identification – Valid State or Federal Photo ID
  • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  • Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (if applicable)
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN (Rogers location CAA service)
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from (Must have all information to file your return)
  • If self employed, all business expenses you want to claim on your taxes
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
  • Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number (SSN). The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
If you have questions contact

Our Impact

Our Sponsors and Partners

© 2020 CARE Community Center

Powered by Firespring