Our Mission is to empower our neighbors with resources and education leading to personal and family sustainability
Our priority at CARE Community Center is ensuring safety as we are working to minimize the risk of COVID 19 exposure to our customers, volunteers and staff. CARE Community Center will continue to serve our neighbors and community during this challenging time, however we are doing this in a manner that reduces risk to everyone.
Due to the increasing concern with the COVID-19 virus, we are changing how the pantry operates. The procedure has changed as follows:
* Beginning January 11, 2021 all persons who request Root Cellar Pantry services will need to make an appointment to participate in our drive through pantry model
* When you arrive for your appointment time, park in a parking space in the parking lot, and wait to be checked in by a pantry volunteer
* Please wear a face covering when you interact with our staff and volunteers
* Pantry appointments are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
* Please use the calendar on the Root Cellar Page to make your pantry appointment
* You may call 11:00 am - 12:30 pm the day of pantry to make an appointment to receive a food box through the drive through pantry
* Neighbors may receive pantry services twice a calendar month
* Please remain inside your car until our volunteer brings your food out to you
* Make sure your trunk, back hatch, or truck bed is empty and you will be able to load your own food into your car
* We request you bring bags or boxes that the food may be placed in inside your vehicle as we don't provide boxes
We look forward continuing to assist our neighbors with food from the Root Cellar Pantry. We will get through this difficult time together as a community. If you have questions contact us.
*CARE Community Center is pleased to announce that we offer seven Tax Center locations and a Mobile App for free tax preparation this tax filling season. Our tax program is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program from the IRS. We provide free income tax preparation to eligible taxpayers. Taxpayers must have a gross income of $68,000 or less to be eligible for tax preparation services. Our certified volunteers complete hours of training to ensure taxpayers receive quality tax preparation service, an accurate tax return to be filed in a timely manner, and to ensure all appropriate tax credits are utilized.
*All our locations are by appointment for intake service, and do not provide walk in appointments due to COVID 19. Per State regulations, you must wear a face covering when you interact with our volunteers, and maintain a six feet distance.
*To further limit exposer, we offer our new Mobile App option that is available on our website. This app allows for tax preparation without coming in to one of our locations.
*To make an appointment, please call 479-246-0104 or visit Tax Center, and see all of our days, hours, and locations as well as additional helpful information.
All Other Services
* Workshops and Cooking Classes will be offered online. Watch for updates to learn how to access them.
* We appreciate all of our community volunteer groups, however we will be suspending all large group
activities until further notice.
* We appreciate all of our volunteers, but we are limiting the number of volunteers allowed in the building
and following our new health policy guidelines.
For information about volunteer opportunities please email us.
CARE will continue to monitor the directives of the Arkansas Department of Health and the Governor’s Office in regard to COVID 19. Any further updates will be posted on our website and all social media outlets utilized by CARE.
At CARE Community Center you aren’t just a number or a statistic. You are our neighbors, our friends, our community. We live here, work here and this is our home, too. We aren’t part of a larger program or working for a state program. We are part of this neighborhood. You will never be a number. You are our neighbors and YOU MATTER.
Powered by Firespring